Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ungus and the Giant Dog


Ungus and the Giant Dog

I have mentioned that there is a school across from, us. We often go there for walks and to play with kids and other dogs. But school was not in session, then. But, last week, school started up again, and during recess, there is lots of screaming and laughing from the playground. I don't think Ungus quite understood, at first, where the noise was coming from - that it was the same place we go for walks. But, it made him, for the first time, really look and listen down our lane for all the activity there. We never go there not on a leash, because of the busy road. So with school now on, Ungus started looking and listening down the lane, noticing all the people that walk by, the pick-ups with barking dogs in them and all the kids playing where he could sometimes see them. Eeeh - he'll get used to it,  but for now, it sort of became a new pastime for him. I was snoozing by the roses the other morning, and Ungus came dashing over squeaking his brains out, "SqueeksqueaksquaakSQUEEEK!"  "Huh, What - What is it?" I sputtered. I was thinking it at least had to be a Mongol Horde, with all the noise he was making. "Its a... its a... It's a... Its A GIGANTIC DOG!" he stammered out. He ran to the end of his leash down the lane and I followed. I had seen some big dogs in my day, but nothing that warranted this much fuss. I caught up to Ungus at the end of his leash pointing his nose at the end of the lane as good as any setter I had ever seen. "There! There there there!" OK, well Ungus had to be forgiven. He had never seen a horse before, and I don't think he quite believed me when I told him about horses. I can't wait to see it when Ungus finds a horse poop. That'll be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment